Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It wasn't terribly much warmer today, but at least the sun was out. Oddly, the nights are still relatively warmish, though this is possibly also the positive benefits arising from the additional insulation. The house is still quite cosy in the mornings even if the fire has burned down to a few remnant sparks.

I managed to complete six of the nine-patch groups today, only two more to go and they will be done by the end of tomorrow's session. I may even manage to cut out some strips for the stripey patches. I will need to look out some larger bits of fabric though, so that I can make the wide bands of fabric that finish off these blocks into the completed block size and that does not appear to be possible from the existing collection. Will rummage in the boxes and see what I come up with.

Our new member joined us today. She moved into Parattah some time ago - they built a house the other side of the railway line but have not had much to do with her. She was befriended by her next door so conversation was somewhat constrained today in that regard, as I had already warned folk of the association.

I am quite looking forward to finishing this quilt as it will be the first full-size top I have finished (two others are stalled due to hiccups in the making) and I am particularly enamoured of the colour range. It is Moda Autumn Fair if anyone out there knows what that is. It is a sort of red, white and blue combination but the colours are sort of faded like old cloth and the 'white' is more of a teastain colour. Will look like a good oldfashioned quilt methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment