Something weird is happening with the link to this page, so I have had to go around to the back door to get in tonight (hence the delays). Other than this minor irritation, today has been rather rewarding all round. It seems I have been selected from the 11 applicants and will be knocking on doors in the district come census time. That will be a great way to explore the neighbourhood and get paid for the pleasure.
We also received confirmation that our proposal has been accepted by LCC so we will be launching ourselves into research as of tomorrow (well, Sal will be, I will be at quilting). I will, however be trawling the online booking space for the library and go down to Hobart on Friday to see what they have found for me as well as to request an historic title search for the subject site. Sal, in the meantime will be trawling the on-line newspaper archives and checking out what is held in the local historical societies up north. If they both have good stuff, then I will head up there and share the research with her.
We have also requested a visit on site with the City architect to discuss their goals for the site so that we can get a bit of a flavour of what they are looking to get out of the study.
Meanwhile, at quilting today I had a bit of a breakthrough and the quilt top is fairly close to completion. It may, in fact, be finished by tomorrow evening, so I could hope to post a photo of it for your delectation. I washed out the strip of calico this morning and it is now looking somewhat less blobby, and cut into the narrow strips, seems fairly acceptable (even if it does look a little as if I have been eating greasy food in bed and wiping my fingers on the quilt). Have to say I am rather happy with the way it is coming together and I think it was a good idea to revisit the Ohio stars and make them up in more strong colourways than I had previously. I have one pair completed and the other pair should be done tomorrow to allow me to finish off. Who knows, if we actually get paid for the work, I may even be able to afford the wadding for the middle!
Bitterly cold today, and if it 'rains' tonight, I suspect it will fall as snow. But since it is unlikely it would settle, I doubt I will have any proof of that in the morning unless we also get a freeze (which is on the cards).
Congrats on the job front -and the quilt. Three bits of good news on one day!
ReplyDeleteScarey, isn't it. Waiting for a shoe to fall now ... lol
ReplyDelete