Thursday, May 26, 2011

I slept in this morning!! must have needed it is all I can say in excuse. Anyway, I was prompted by the sunshine to get out and cut more wood and to wash the car. Yes, the ute has had its first bath!! Fortunately nothing fell off it as a consequence, and Saturday I will tackle the inside. I have to leave it a chance to dry out a bit as washing the insides of the windows and around the doors has resulted in the odd puddle inside. I do love a vehicle with vinyl seats and linings! All this has been prompted by the threat of having to pile several important people into the ute on Monday when we go to Launceston once more. Can't have them getting dog hairs and spider webs all over their clothes. And some of those spiders look quite nasty close up, though they have done a marvellous job of keeping down the insect population indoors.

Otherwise I have been chasing information to enhance tomorrow's trip to Hobart. All to no avail as it turns out It seems that Roberts's only had a short association with the site and it is actually a government property. At least Tony's contact has saved us a lot of work in that direction. Maybe it is part of the post-war economic incentive type stuff. Otherwise, I am blowed if I can work out any particular importance for it. Found some aerial shots of the woolstores in Moonah so will see if they are still extant, and if so, whether I can get some photos, as technological significance is about all I can think of at this point unless, as I suggested, it is part of some goverment economic initiative. All the work to date is not, however, pointless as the business is one of the premier businesses in the State so more than likely to turn up in some future project.

Have also been burrowing around in the computer trying to work it out. But despite finding one driver that was 'switched off' and which is now updated and activated, there has been little progress. At least I have realised that scheduling the defrag for one in the morning is pointless as the computer is not on at that time, so that has been rescheduled for a more likely timeslot and made daily so if I miss on day, then it will be done the next. Will take the laptop to town tomorrow to see if the nice boys at the computer shop can be conned into prioritising it.

Despite the sunshine it has been pretty cool today, so I am pondering options for dinner. All of which will involve slow-cooking apart from the curried cauliflower, so I guess that answers the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment