Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Another day of quilting today and the blocks are all finished and the first three sets of three are sewn together. One of our less frequent members called in with some fabric to give away and one was a blue print that will be ideal for the inner border of the quilt (the quilt is 7 inches smaller all round than I want it to be, so am inserting the odd border as I go to make up the difference in size). It turns out that the pattern does actually have a two inch inner border, so I am just making this three inches, and then will make a 2.5 inch border in addition to the one already part of the pattern. Hopefully this will result in a quilt that is about the right size (though the finished measurements seem to be pre-quilting, which does reduce the size further).

It will be a stitch in the ditch approach for the blocks, and will have to work out a repeating pattern for the borders that will be easy to sew (key pattern for the narrow one and maybe feathers for the outer one???).

The weather seems set fairly fair for the rest of the week ,but goes to custard once again on Monday, so will try to get the outdoor activities done while the going is good. But tomorrow i am off to Hobart to deal with Directors of Heritage offices so will need to be up bright and early and putting on the war-paint. I have been aided in this by the local pharmacy which had a basket of 'chuckouts' which included a lippy in just my colour. For free. Now that's what I call a bargain!

My partner in crime has approved my preliminary draft for our fee proposal and added her bit of bio. So I will now give that a read and see what we can do to finalise it. We hope to have it submitted by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment