what a pleasant change today was - lovely sunny day and, while cool, it was warm enough to wander around with just the flanny on (instead of a jumper and jacket in addition to the flanny) At one stage I was even down to the long-sleeved teeshirt under the flanny!
surprisingly it was not actually that much warmer (temperature-wise) but still, it made all the difference in the world. I was out cutting wood (we have some more cold weather on the way) when gordon from next door started wandering up the lane with his dog on a leash. Stopped to chat and he mentioned that the microchipping day also included vaccinations. I had been watching all the dogs being microchipped and feeling smug as Shadow has had his in since puppyhood, but was glad to hear about the vaccination opportunity as with our vet having left us at Christmas I was wondering how to get that sorted. So we headed down and he meekly took his shots and was rewarded with a liver treat delivered by the vet's little girl.
Once that was sorted, and the wood stowed indoors and the chainsaw put away, I got the mower out and gave the yard a once-over as, with the damp weather, it had grown away once more. That under control I weeded the veges, spotted a nice head of broccoli (now dinner and being eaten as I type) then retreated indoors to prepare tonight's osso bucco. But i am hungry so the broccoli and riced potato is being eaten now and I will eat the rest once it is cooked.
so now to work out how to cope with a night of four degrees when the bed is set up for temperatures somewhat lower ... I think I will fold up the quilt and set it on the other side of the bed and see how I go from there.
Good to hear that the weather was kinder to you today Jo. So different from where we are, in WA, with summer going long past it's use-by date and everyone hanging out for rain. Hope you have another good one tomorrow. EMW
ReplyDeleteI had a fair idea we would get an early winter this year. Just hadn't expected it quite as early as it arrived - oh well.
ReplyDelete