Sunday, May 29, 2011

Yesterday evening turned into Pitt Street in the rush hour as Caroline called in for a visit and a chat and to drop of a huge bag of bread for the geese (the chooks will eat it instead), then just got her out of the house when Val called in trying to sell me some Avon. Instead we had a cuppa, and a chat and she admired progress since last she was here. I did leaf through the catalogue and was surprised to see Avon has branched out a bit, and would probably have bought something if I was living in the suburbs still, but since i am not, I don't really have much call for anything on offer there.

I was off up to Launceston today, for that site meeting at the silos. Lovely day once I got there, but I am glad I allocated two hours for the drive as it was very foggy all the way up (I am constantly astonished at how fast people drive in those conditions!!). So the meeting went well and i have come home laden with more reading material (some of which will hopefully have some useful citations for me to follow up on) and will have to get round to looking at it all before Thursday when I go up to Campbell Town to meet with my colleague and to compare notes on any gaps in our information that need to be filled before I can write a 'history' of the site.

On my way home i called into the Campbell Town butcher to place an order for Thursday, but it turned out he already had everything that I wanted (oxtails and gravey beef) so I had them cut to my preferred dimensions and brought them home to go into the freezer for future stews/pies/casseroles etc.

Then Tracey, who had given up on the catalogue thing called by and seems to be back on the catalogue thing, so I spent a happy half hour browsing in one of those catalogues that is stuffed full of things that amaze you someone even bothered to invent, and makes you even more amazed people buy them, but which invariably have one thing you can not live without. Though, since the thing I can not live without is $20.00 I will just have to wait for it, lol.

Then a brief stop at our library for a couple of books to keep me going till Wednesday since i had forgotten to bring the remaining books to return, and home to a dog who was very happy to see me indeed, and two cats who were already indoors as the chill had started to settle. Fire on. Dinner warming on the woodheater, and ready to read a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment