Tonight's dinner is a vegetable pasta bake, with loads of cheesy white sauce to keep it all moist. It was too big for the casserole dish, so I made a smaller one as well, which has just disappeared. And very tasty it was too.
This was inspired by a cauliflower head delivered to my door by Jean who was on her way back from Hobart. So I added some thinly sliced potato and carrots and a head of broccoli from my own garden and away it went. Since the smaller one was a bit too al dente (despite pre-steaming some of the veg before adding to the heap) the larger one is still sitting in the oven taking advantage of the residual heat from the cooking process.
The house was purged today (well the back half anyway) and the fridge defrosted (I could no longer get the freezer drawers to go in far enough, lol). So I was all ready when the nice girl called around for interviews regarding the census. She will be in touch. There are 11 applicants for six positions, so it is not all done and dusted yet. But it pays fairly well - $1200 for the period, paid in fortnightly amounts. Plus vehicle expenses for rural areas. And no, I won't get lumbered with Parattah if I am chosen. They make sure neighbours do not check into each other.
So, apart from emailing off proposals to Launceston, and CVs off to Hobart CC and the Launceston NT, I am having a fairly quiet day I think. Tomorrow I will attack the front half of the house with the vacuum cleaner and that should see it all done until I get sick of the sight of it once more.
No comments:
Post a Comment