Thursday, May 19, 2011

Another busy day of business today. Was down in Hobart to meet with Pete Smith who is the Director of Heritage Tasmania. He, poor man, had Parliament in session so we had to speak around the regular phone calls but we had a good chat and he is keeping me in mind. I am making myself useful by sending him some 'words' to address the Mercury's kerfuffle about red blinds and windowboxes. The bad news is that with the budget constraints and the recruiting constraints, the government has also closed the back door and cut consultancy budgets as well, so it back to the drawing board there.

I also called into Hobart City Council to renew my acquaintance with their Heritage Officer who is a contemporary who was part of my old social group at school. all very useful. So I am emailing my cv to him tonight once i am done here. And took a photo of the Silos apartments (which I have to say are quite horrible)

From there I went to the Library to have a look at the documents I had ordered on-line from the archives and duly photocopied a few of relevance, and poked through the rest. The nice lad at the counter did a search of their records for me also and found a few more I can have a look at if we get the job.

A quick trip to Spiceworld to stock up on dried pulses, and I was off home, barely making it before dark ... the dog was less than impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment