The geese learned the hard way that flying is not permitted. They are both now residing in the deep freeze. I kept the frames for making stock and the breasts have been frozen separately from the legs, so I have a selection of options for future use. I did find a recipe for goose sausage which looked interesting and recommended using older goose, so may yet give it a try if I find a source of sausage skins that does not want me to buy a bucket full.
I had another go at plucking the breasts at least and have managed to extract half a pillow-slip of feathers and down suitable for stuffing something. I will tied it off securely and wash them, and then store them for future use when I get that Doona re-covered. It would be good to bulk it up a bit and using my own feathers seems more sensible than buying some.
Glorious weather I have to say, though I have not managed to get further on cleaning the car out, After the geese my clothes were a bit mucky so they went into the machine and I decided to call it a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment