Monday, May 9, 2011



Thought it was a bit chilly and it seems the maximum today was six degrees, so that is hardly surprising. A bit roller bale arrived this morning and is now waiting to be unwrapped so I can continue mulching the hedge.

I decided to try to get creative so found an online watercolour course (have been reading a book based around a watercolour class and they mentioned some steps that my last art class never took me through, so thought I would give them a try). So have been doing washes and graduated washes for much of the day. I seem to have them fairly well under control so moved onto 'glazing' washes which are transparent washes of one colour over another. Sadly, the instructions failed to mention the critical stage of letting the first wash dry before you apply the second wash. So the results were not quite what i expected, but seem to have resulted in a seascape sort of effect. What do you think? I am seeing a wave-washed sand spit in the foreground, the ocean heading off to the horizon and a sunset sky over all ... But then I am probably just being optimistic.

I think we can agree i need a bit more work on the glazing method before I move onto the wet-on-wet method (wet paper with colour applied with a view to it soaking out into the fibres).

No comments:

Post a Comment