Tuesday, May 17, 2011






Definitely quilting weather today despite the sunshine, so it was with a clear conscience I set off up the hill. Jenny brought the quilt her group had entered into the competition at the quilting fair. No idea why it did not win as it is innovative and non-traditional, and 'describes' the group she leads at her home in Bagdad. They are called tangled web quilters, so the web format is their name. Then each section of the web shows their activities, and the key features of her place (the airedale dog, the rooster, the quilts and dolls they make etc. So here for your delectation since it won't be going on tour is the quilt in question.

My own quilt also made considerable progress today, so tomorrow should see all the blocks complete. Then all I have to do is the maths required to increase it in size to the actual size I want it to be, rather than the size the pattern creates. Whether I achieve this by sashing or by adding another border remains to be seen. Rather depends on how much bigger it has to become.

2 comments:

  1. That is a stunning quilt - I love it!Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - and it was designed by one of the members of the group. I love all the 'layers' like the 'actual' mini-quilts, the cushion on the chair etc which are in three dimensions.

    ReplyDelete