Sunday, May 29, 2011

So, apart from cutting up loads of firewood and taking a run to the tip, I did very little today. I have been finishing a book entitled 'The Last Ride' by Thomas Eidson which proved a rather moving experience. Well worth the read if you find it in your local library.

Tonight's dinner, once the bits have defrosted, will be chicken done in a greek style. Basically brown the chicken bits, then cook with potatoes, onions and capsicum in seasoned and herbed tomato puree and chicken stock till the spuds are done. I will put it into the lidded baking dish I found at the local op shop for the first part of the cooking, and then finish it off with the lid off so the potatoes and chicken that emerge above the base juices will brown a little.

3 comments:

  1. I tried to reserve this book at the local library but was unable to do so .I have requested "Souls of Angels" by the same author instead.I see he also wrote "The Missing" the film of which I thoroughly enjoyed.(love Tommy Lee Jones).Dinner sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think I will be looking for more of his work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is well worth waiting for. I was reluctant to borrow it at first, thought it would be a cowboys and indians western type nonsense, but no. Really great reading and sensitive portrayal of the cultural clash.

    ReplyDelete