Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Well, I took the cowards route and left a letter in the fuse box, along with a cheque in intimation of intention to pay and fled the scene to quilting. Lingered around after the girls had cleared out and ended up being invited to dinner (which is why I am so late posting tonight). He does at least seem to have finished up the switch board so hopefully I will have a legal power supply in the not too distant future.

I baked my first ever cake in the oven which was an interesting experience. A combination of SRF in lieu of plain flour and baking powder, soda bicarb and a too small cake tin have left me with the discovery that the bottom of the oven has a bake-clean function. The remains of the cake just lifted off - what a nice discovery. The cake that remained in the tin was very tasty, but sadly the remains of my tooth became embedded in it, and so I have yet another emergency appointment with the dentist to look forward to - and possibly an unexpectedly large bill as there is not really enough tooth left to do owt but get one of those screw-in teeth I suspect.

And so to bed in the not too distant future - too much excitement today for me.

3 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for running to quilting Jo, and I hope that by doing so you have given him time to think and recover!
    About the cake -at least you know the oven works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was kind of the motivation. I felt that he would be angry when he received the letter, and it would be better for him to have time to cool down and not provide a kneejerk reaction. This way, he has all the information he needs to make a good decision if he wants to do the paperwork. If not, he gets his original estimate anyway, so no harm done really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake baking really didn't go to plan did it? You poor thing. Hope you manage to sort the tooth out. Glad to hear that cleaning the oven sounds like it wasn't too difficult given the bake-clean function.

    ReplyDelete