Sunday, August 29, 2010

Spent a nice relaxing morning sitting in the sun out the back for about half an hour. Dashed into town for some walnuts, craisins and dried apricots for culinary adventures, pending the arrival of the electrician tomorow to install the stove, and did a mad-dash tidy up before my friends arrived at 11:30 bearing lunch. The pie went in the woodstove to heat while we did a grand tour of the grounds, picking veges for them to take home (along with 3 dozen eggs to sell for me) and admire the geese, despair over the state of the shed and play with the dog, then lunch.

I have been asking every visitor to look at the two (very similar) laminex options i am contemplating. One is Formica in a colour called Pomegranate, the other is Wilsonart in a colour called Port. The wilsonart is a hands down winner so far with unanimous votes from all who have given an opinion. I suspect it is a little cheaper than laminex also, so that will be a good thing. They are both a fairly deep red, but the formica has a slightly pinkier tone to it, which is a bit of a turn-off for me, now I see it in the natural light of the location it will occupy.

So my friends headed off at 3 and I ran around finding the various things the electrician will need tomorrow, and I have also posted a question about his choice of one 10amp fuse for all of the powerpoints in the kitchen on a renovators forum (personally I suspect that was a really bad choice) so I can be armed with information when he comes to sort out why they are fusing at present. Have also proposed a solution that I am asking the renovation guys to comment on (ease of delivery, type of thing).

And I have moved the bench top out of the way so the stove can be fitted, and moved the stove into the kitchen. Will try to work out how the legs go on tonight if I feel so inclined - the instruction manual just says 'attach legs' with no indication as to which end is up, or how you attach them ...
Someone had a stroke of genius and suggested that if I put a kickplate across the front of the legs, then I won't have the problem of being able to see under the stove, which seemed a lot easier solution than the plinth on wheels I was trying to design in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment