A glorious sunny day today an quite warm to boot. I spread mulch along the newly planted hedge - wet cardboard topped with hay on the northern side, just hay on the southern side as I ran out of cardboard. Also around the newly planted prune plum and the last of the ridges of soil that had previously been planted. Re-arranged the mulch that had been blown off during the last strong winds and generally had a bit of a tidy-up of the lower portion of the back garden.
After lunch I got stuck into transferring soil into the last of the raised beds that are in position, and now have it within a foot of the top. Another effort like that and it will be ready to be planted. Thinned the turnips and generally had a bit of a go at the vege patch.
I will be glad to take the spare goose away tomorrow. She was in a fight with the other female today and it was quite violent (and noisy) so it will be good to move her on and let the other two settle down to being a bonded pair. And it will be good for her as she would come to a sticky end if this keeps up for much longer.
So, I knocked off early (what with all that shovelling) and had a hot shower and got into something comfortable and am having a lazy evening, despite the increased daylight that we are now enjoying as we move into Spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment