The hen and her chickens are snugly tucked into the rabbit hutch awaiting some evidence that her owners have provided her with suitable accommodation. Apparently out of sight is out of mind for them though as they have not been over to claim her.
Catching her was a bit of a trial in the dark. She shot off the nest and bolted. Fortunately she was inside a smaller run within the larger one, so was cornered (had it been daylight she would have escaped). So hen down, the chickens also scattered and I was busily recovering them from various parts of the yard when I was joined by Rita who got stuck into me about chickens entering her yard. I firmly pointed out that they and their mother would be returned to their owner as soon as they had satisfied me that they had provided adequate housing, but no apology was forthcoming and I am sure she will find something else to whinge about soon.
Today, being a particularly rotten day and the firewood not looking as if it would last the distance, I decided to go to Hobart and pick up a few things so I tossed the dog into the car and we headed south. Managed to get some cabinet connectors for the kitchen, and some plugs to adapt my various bits of English electrical goods. While down there I phoned the electrician who will be up on Monday week to sort out the hot water and wire in the oven and present his invoice (if he remembers). Doubtless he will ask for immediate payment. He will be disappointed.
Home to find a couple from up the road enquiring about the caravan and its price. They went off to think about it.
So, tucked up snugly to ride out the weather and see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully progress on the kitchen and a chance to recover the mulch situation. And install the new weeper hose I have bought to irrigate the hedge.
No comments:
Post a Comment