I had an amazingly long sleep-in this morning and was barely out of the shower and dressed when someone knocked on the back door. It was the strange little man who called around several months ago and promised me a prune tree. He delivered it and it is a lovely looking tree - probably rather more advanced than the ones I have in the ground at present. I will need to get it in the ground sharpish so gardening will be on the agenda on Thursday. In the mean time it is propped on the shady side of the caravan where it should be fine (its roots are bagged up).
Then off to quilting where I made rapid progress on piecing the remaining blocks for that dratty quilt. They are not exactly perfection by a long shot, but seem to be coming together fairly well with a bit more attention to seam width, pressing and trimming.
On my arrival home someone had sent me a PM and so the goose is heading north for summer where she will be joining a flock that includes unmatched ganders and several 'single' women to keep her company. That is a huge relief as she is deeply unhappy playing gooseberry in my yard and they are still beating her up. I will drive up to Lonnie with her on Saturday and her new owner will take her home to Sheffield.
So a much better day than those that have recently passed. I am off to quilting tomorrow also just to celebrate!
Huzzah! hooray for a better day!
ReplyDelete