Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The forecast for tomorrow is snow showers, so I guess I won't be doing the fencing I was planning to do. Still, there's always the following day which will probably be very warm. It is getting quite confusing, weatherwise at present.

At least the dog will be pleased to have me at home and fairly sedentary, he misses me when I go out two days in a row.

Still messing around making additional blocks for this quilt business. I have made an extra 12 blocks, which was a number dictated by the quantity of remaining cream fabric. If that doesn't work I guess i will need to have several borders to make up the size I require. Between the offcut diagonal squares I have from the snowballs and the remains of the jelly roll I can get around it once, if not twice in 2 inch strips, so will see how it works out.

I gather the bantam is settling into her new home, if a little flighty. I explained that it has lived a fairly feral existence being chased by anyone who saw it for several years, so my friend is planning to keep her in a small pen till she realises she is no longer on the 'most wanted' list, and her chicks have grown up a little and can survive outdoors.

There is a distinct chill in the air tonight, so perhaps snow is not such a ridiculous concept as today's lovely sunshine would make it seem at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment