Friday, August 6, 2010


Today, as you can see, I came pretty close to finishing installing the ground-level cabinets in the kitchen. The one closest to the camera has yet to be adjusted to height, and I have then to check that the levels are what I assume them to be (having checked them 300 times per cabinet during this process). Once i am sure of that I can screw them back to the wall and start installing doors and handles - woopee! Though the door on the pantry cupboard will be a pain to deal with.

Once that is done, I will simply loosely place the benchtops supplied so that there is a benchtop of sorts in position and that will have to suffice until my finances work themselves out (waiting for funds to be released at present).

I will also have to construct a plinth for the stove to sit on which will be a bit fiddly I suspect since it needs to be higher than the 100mm width of my widest available timber. Will have to check the specifications to see how to get it up to benchtop level once it is in place.

That should keep me fairly occupied this weekend so no culinary delights to pursue - I think egg-based meals will be the go as they are quick and easy.

In case you are wondering what that quiche looked like, I did take its photo when I made it, so here it is in all its over-sweetened glory ...

No comments:

Post a Comment