A lovely sunny still day today - phew. Was beginning to feel ratty with all that wind we have been having of late. Lots of fiddly things done today.
There was one section of the fence in the chook run I had jerried together for want of a post, and now i have those posts I bought yesterday, I was finally able to sort it out. So there is now a formal fence between the fence and the back of the woodshed that should discourage any attempts at escape. Since the soil was all scratched about when I removed some grass tussocks, I have plonked several lumps of concrete along the base of the fence in case anyone thinks it is a good idea to dig their way out. Also moved the old timber bench against the base of the joint fence in the spot where the hens have been dustbathing.
Having got into the swing of things, I decided to extend the existing chicken run up to the intended finish point, which is in line with the front of the shed, closest to the house. That gives about an extra 3x3 metres of lush grass for them to keep themselves happy with until I can spare the time to build their second run.
I also started to dismantle part of the strange constructions that Desi had left against the back wall of the same shed, which provide a perching spot that is causing Rita to become convinced they are plotting to fly into her yard from there. But was part way through when I realised it was probably also protecting the wall of the shed from the effects of the wind, and that until I stabilise the shed, it is probably better to leave it there.
Mowed some of the grass that is shooting up like mad at present, with the warmer weather and rain, and set out the Gooseberry cuttings into their temporary home in the heap of fat sand. The spare chards (different colours to the ones i have at present) were plonked into a garden bed and also planted some rosemary cuttings into a bucket of sand.
I have dug out the wet-dry vacuum cleaner and will go over the concrete tonight, preparatory of putting on a coat of sealant = at least in those places where i plan to install the dishwasher and oven. That can then dry overnight and get another coat tomorrow evening when kitty cats and puppies are less likely to be tromping in the wet paint. I have visitors arriving tomorrow and a cake to bake, so will need to work out which recipe I have that I also have ingredients for ...
No comments:
Post a Comment