Monday, August 23, 2010

The wind was back today. Not exactly gale-force, but a seriously lazy wind of the variety that really discourages outdoor activity. My problem at the moment is that my hair is just at that awkward length were it blows in your face, but is not long enough to tie back, and a woolley cap would be overkill. So a difficult phase.

So I took to the housework with a certain gusto this morning but rapidly ran out of steam, remembering I have visitors due on Sunday and it would all be to do over again on Saturday. Nothing like making excuses, but i hate housework and at present it is particularly tedious due to not actually having a place for everything.

I plan to have a go at sharpening the chainsaw chain today. I gave it a bit of a go yesterday but it did not make much impression on general performance, so a more serious go is obviously required.

Took my books back to the library and picked up more of the same. I still have one on the go from the last batch but can take that back on Wednesday when they are next open. Then picked a few veges for dinner (spaghetti bolognaise with parsley and spinach, and am about to contemplate doing something about preparing said dish, with a view to it being able to develop a little flavour before teatime. It will be better tomorrow, which is fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment