Tuesday, August 24, 2010

today has been astonishingly exhausting. Clearly I am out of practice being around people.

There are two or three members in the quilting group who, thankfully, rarely turn up. Today all three were there. They communicate by shouting. To reduce the volume, they were seated alongside each other, but they still shouted so loudly I had a headache and had to leave early. This, combined with the third person deciding she would usurp my usual back-to-the-wall position, then participate in the shouting match going on on the table behind me meant I was surrounded by people carrying on conversations so loudly I could barely think about what I was doing. It was horrible...

At least the bantam is on her way to a new home as we speak so that is good news. She will not be missed. Meanwhile I got home with no wood left and raced down to collect some and cut and get it indoors before the deluge hit. It was an impressive deluge. The geese found it quite thrilling.

The dog decided to rampage through the rubbish bins and to get at the 750g tub of margerine I had left on the table. Half of that is now gone and the remainder is down in the chook run for them to help themselves to the remains. After his initial excitement at my return, he decided to punish me by vomitting the margerine all over the hall floor. Fortunately he missed the runner so it is a straight-forward cleanup job...

The various seedlings in the laundry are all over the shop and have to be repotted and moved to a safter spot. Fortunately dinner is simply a matter of reheating last nights pasta sauce and cooking some pasta to go with it. It will be nice to have a proper kitchen where stuff can be stored safely and doors between the various interior spaces to avoid today's rampage.

And it's all to do over tomorrow I fear as we meet once again. Though fortunately only one of the shouters will be present so her tone will hopefully be moderated by the presence of others and I can actually have a conversation with someone ...

4 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for you. I wonder if those people are deaf and don't know it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect some of them are. The others are just pushy. I also suspect I am beginning to suffer from the syndrome that makes it difficult to be in a room when multiple conversations are going on around you. Maybe i should get that checked ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gross about the dog. What an insult to add to the injury of him eating everything. *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
  4. He wasn't terribly happy about it either - poor boy. He hates doing that sort of thing in the house and spends the next three hours begging forgiveness ...

    ReplyDelete