Despite all the fuss, this was all that was left of the snow at nine this morning. The bed to the left of the picture is the one with the lettuce and raspberries newly planted. The lettuce survived happily under the straw, so that is good - I may get to pick a few leaves for dinner once they get going. The bed on the right is the brassicas which, as you can see are going well. The various broccoli are cropping well, so I will be having some for dinner tomorrow as I will be in town and will pick up some chops to go with it. The hedge planting is visible in this shot, but as is so often the case with early morning (low sun) shots, it is not standing out clearly. There is some mulch left, but I will need to spend Thursday sorting it back into its intended positions once more.
Today was rather lovely weather, sunny and calm, but I spent it quilting. Today I made a block for a group quilt we are doing to raise funds for the Dogs Home. Each block is a sausage dog. Mine was a brownish floral, with a blue heart on his rump, black nose and pupil (using a black fabric loosely sprinkled with flowers so he has a gleam in his eye and on his nose) and a quilted ear. It was my first attempt at applique, and my first attempt at machine blanket stitch, so it does not bear close examination on those parts where detailed corners were required, but hey, I take the 'water colour' approach to quilting - stand back and view from no less than two metres, lol.
I also cut out some flowers, stems and earth for the teatowel for the October Spring Festival. I will attach those tomorrow, once I find some more gelati type colours in my stash (could take some effort as they are not my usual colours).
Chooks excelled and produced 6 eggs today, so I guess I will have to assume they were feeling a little put out by yesterday's weather. And who can blame them.
Herby, the ladies tell me there remains a chance of more snow this month, so do make sure you bring a scarf and cap with you.
Oh wow! Snow! How cool is that (only a Qlder would say that). Thank you for the warning. Will bring our warmest clothes and beanies.
ReplyDelete