Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Today was all a bit scrappy. Woke to a foggy morning with frost on the ground and set off to clean the cottages once all was sorted at home. I had cut a barrow of wood, but didn't bother to carry it indoors as I didn't want the dogs all worked up with my comings and goings.

After the cottages were done (one blocked toilet, one tap falling off), I headed over to sewing and made a bit more progress on the counted cross stitch. Not much today as it was backfilling gaps in some of the work already done, and the next bit would involve the very complicated four-shades-of-gold work on the ear of wheat that I had already started some time ago. I balked at starting that when I was surrounded by interesting conversations and had lots of stuff to sort at home, so off I went, via the shop for a few basic supplies.

Home once more the dogs were walked, the wood brought indoors and the fire lit. I also picked up the clothing that someone left at the cottages over a month ago but has not claimed, and have added the shirt and teeshirt to the washing, while the padded sleeveless jacket is hanging in the cupboard awaiting a suitable occasion for use.

I called into the bank to inquire about the fate of the money I found but there were two blokes serving and I had no idea who they were (I had wondered why the toilet seat was being left up, now i know). They told me it was in the safe in an envelope but they neither had any idea what the appropriate protocol was, so I left them to it. I will be in again this evening to clean once more.

Since we are apparently expecting snow tomorrow I have made the place secure and will sit back and wait for it to happen. I do have a cottage to clean, but I expect any snow will hardly prevent me getting in to do that. Just bracing myself for the winds that will be bringing it up from down south. There is a solid line of precipitation southwest of Tassie right now, showing heavy falls across the centre of the band, so I expect there will be some strong winds to bring that up for our pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment