Thursday, July 16, 2015

Time for a new format methinks, so I have had a look at what is available that this was my choice. A library full of books is an important part of my life so it seems to fit very well to me.

It was a bit chilly this morning, more than minus three, so the taps were still and the chooks were very pleased when I added boiling water to their dish to thaw the ice and warm things up a bit.

I had a cottage to clean today and it turned into a bit of a saga as the telly did not work, and I could not find out what the problem was. Basically there is a central signal box in the main cottage, but strangely there was no electricity there, so I had a bit of a battle working out why. A phone call to the boss elicited the information that there are in fact two fuse boxes (I had been looking in the wrong one), so that sorted that out. But the phone call diverted to 'what do we do about David's resignation letter?' with the result it was over two hours before I finally got home to cut some wood. Fortunately the day was quite gloriously sunny and fine so that was not really an issue and some wood has been cut in preparation for tomorrow which will apparently be five degrees with showers. Since it is also our day for being in the Garden it does not look promising. But I guess we can always call it a day and not go.

I ate the last of the curry for lunch as I needed sustenance before wielding the chain saw. As a result tonight's dinner is pizza from the freezer, and the chicken for the next curry is sitting thawing out in preparation for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment