Sunday, July 5, 2015

It was a bit of a rush this morning to cut some firewood before heading into the Community Market as they were forecasting rain from late morning. Not sure which morning they had in mind as we are still waiting. Still, I got a barrow load in which will tide me over today and much of tomorrow, but tomorrow night's forecast minus three suggests I should probably cut some more. I think I will get the drop saw out for some lighter wood also as that seems to help building up the room temperature rather than the slower burning larger logs.

The Market was a bit grim this month with only four indoor stalls (two outside for sheep poo and large blanket boxes), and only one of them selling food. Still, I purchased a tea cake and a tray of chocolate brownies (with walnuts and sultanas in them), and scurried home once more.

It has been one of those still, overcast, damp-feeling days that make it feel a lot colder than it actually was. So much so that I have four layers of clothing on top and track bottoms at the nether regions. Now the dogs have had their last walk for the day (other than two short visits outside to pee before bedtime), I also have my uggs on. I actually had to shut myself into the lounge to build up anything resembling a tolerable temperature - it is 8 degrees in the bedroom now the curtain has been shut!!

No comments:

Post a Comment