Friday, July 24, 2015

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday I was chatting away with the nice friendly bloke who administers our grants through the Council about our acquittal. Today he is dead. Apparently he dropped dead of a heart attack last night. Young bloke, young (early teens) kids. Terrible.

I have to assume it was this event that caused our gravel delivery to fail to arrive today, but the sleepers did and I now have everything i need to do the acquittal bar the completed paperwork. I had sent him an email today requesting an extension till Monday, but I guess he won't be responding.

The deliveries were due 'after eleven' so I was there bright and early to take care of them. Unfortunately the sleepers did not arrive until two, so I spent three hours twiddling my thumbs waiting for them. Time I could have spent doing the acquittal. Oh well.

I was further hampered by discovering that, while i had brought the laptop, I had left behind the external mouse (a necessity these days as the sensor pad died some time ago) and my mobile phone, so had to dart home in a mad rush to get both, hoping no-one turned up in my absence.

The wild weather forecast for Sunday seems to be arriving a bit early as it has been raining on and off all day and the wind has picked up quite a bit now. Glad to be home with the fire going.

No comments:

Post a Comment