Another Ngaio Marsh under my belt and I am currently making headway on a book called 'Castles in the Air' which is an account of a young couple who bought a 45 room derelict castle in north wales and set about restoring it - and i thought I was brave....
I froze the rest of the paprika chicken and made a beef curry for dinner tonight. It is another of Delia's recipes from her book 'one is fun', but I think she must have had a rush of blood to the head as it called for 500 g of meat which is clearly way too much for one person for one meal. I doubled the recipe and will be able to freeze some meals as well as the big one I had tonight, and probably dinner tomorrow as well. Very tasty it was too!!
I tackled cleaning the oven today - not my favourite job - but it is now gleaming clean and shiny. Now all I have to do is remember to take the bulb with me next time I go to Hobart and see if I can get a replacement as it no longer works. I will have to find the manual so I can work out how to access it I suppose.
You can feel the chill coming down tonight as we head for another minus degrees (but only one degree tonight), but the fire has been going all day so it is quite cosy indoors for all of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment