Yesterday started a little grimly with minus five to greet the dawn. In the absence of a water supply I had to resort to a cat wash in the basin to get me going. Pity as I really needed to wash my hair, so I was not a happy camper for much of the day. Things did not improve when I went to sewing and one of our number had a hissy fit at me because I had suggested she might like to learn how to send private messages in Facebook (she had started chatting about a proposed quilting trip in the comments section of a post about a child starving to death...) She threatened to storm out while I was still sitting there wondering what it was all about and then everyone descended on me for upsetting her (apparently the fact I was upset was not of concern). Fortunately I received a phone call shortly afterwards from a friend who was in town and wanting to join me for lunch so I left and went on to happier things.
Lunch was lovely (a Reuben Sandwich at E-sence) and we then wandered around some of the more high-end shops in town browsing over garden delights, antiques and fabulous designer clothing (yes, we do have some very odd shops in Oatlands).
Today the start was a little less chilly and the minus two they had predicted completely failed to eventuate, so I was able to have a proper shower and get two loads of washing on the line before heading out to clean the cottages. Afterwards I called in to see one of the sewing ladies as I recalled I had not paid my dues the previous day. We had a lovely chat, a cup of tea and cake, and a brief discussion about the previous day. I had considered simply not bothering any more with the group as they do seem to be the source of many an upset, but she convinced me to try once again, so I will go next week as if nothing had happened.
While I was out yesterday Seb stole half a large block of dark chocolate and consumed it in its entirety, so I was rather worried there might be unpleasant side-effects, what with chocolate being bad for dogs, but apparently he has a bullet-proof stomach and there is no sign of any undesirable results at all. All very surprising, but there you go - a good outcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment