Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The bookshelves I was given yesterday are pine ones. The previous owner has undercoated them, but not painted them. So I got online and selected a couple of colours from the Dulux colour chart and have added two sample pots to my shopping list for my friend who is going to Hobart. Unfortunately she is now going on Thursday so that will be another day of dubious brakes, but it will be exciting to get some paints to finish off the bookshelves. The colours are Indian Vine  which is a greyish green, and Lime Zest which is more of a yellowy green. That will go on the insides and the grey green on the outside.

Tonight's dinner, which is simmering away in the slow cooker is a neck of lamb done with Moroccan seasonings and an orange from the freezer cut into quarters to let me get the pips out. It called for Orange Juice and zest, so that seemed the easiest way to deal with it. The oranges in the freezer have a very thin skin so they should not taint the casserole with the pith flavour.

More wood was cut and some thought has been given to the bits of furniture I will be donating to the white elephant sales we are holding for the Hospital. I have already started stockpiling books, one of which will be the one I am currently reading - Neanderthal by John Darnton which is a a bit creaky around the edges in terms of accuracy of thinking and research, but a light adventure style book (with overtones of too much sex at times).

Now that i have thought of the sample pots (which go a long way, I have discovered) I may also paint the two pine chests of drawers that I brought back from England which have seen a lot of wear and tear in their day. A coat of paint will cheer them up and brighten up the bedroom as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment