Wednesday, July 22, 2015

With galeforce winds sweeping the State the pyromaniac next door has apparently decided tonight is a great time to be lighting yet another little blaze next door. I have my own burning inside the heater which is just fine with me.

It was a wild and windy night last night and we even had the odd shower or two. Subsequently it was a little damp this morning so I donned my gumboots to take the dogs for a walk as I am tired of changing my socks several times a day to keep my feet dry.

It was nice to get into sewing and for a change we had a nice pleasant day, with people admiring my purchases and talk remaining on interesting but not contentious subjects. I made no contributions to the income of the Bargain Centre, having failed to find anything of interest, but was pleased to get home, take the dogs for a walk and settle down in front of the newly lit fire. I will call in in the hope of collecting my chainsaw when I go to clean the bank tonight. I do hope it is done as tonight's wood is most definitely the last of the viable firewood. Fortunately the weather is a little milder at present so big roaring fires are not entirely necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment