Monday, July 13, 2015

Looks like Winter has settled in with a vengeance. Our overnight temps for the next six days will be below zero, and our day temps in single figures. In preparation I industriously cut even more firewood and should be good for a couple of days at least. I expect I will need to cut even more tomorrow as I will be out on Wednesday for much of the day. At least this time I will ensure the chainsaw comes in overnight. I left it out in the last deep chill and found it took quite some time to get it to run on idle as it stalled after each log, due to the frozen state of its innards.

I finished 'Raise the Titanic' by Clive Cussler (I am so glad they didn't actually do this in real life as the lack of respect indicated in the novel would have shattered my soul), which was a thundering good yarn, and am now wallowing in a rather amusing Ngaio Marsh which is set in New Zealand for a change (good thing too as she is a Kiwi herself).

The Chicken in Paprika sauce is rather tasty on the second time around, but I think I will freeze the rest as there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. I bought some yoghurt tonight, so will do a beef curry tomorrow for a change of pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment