Amazing the difference a sharp chain makes to the chainsaw - whipped through a barrow load of wood in no time and have laid in a stockpile for the next couple of days. I will be needing to cut more come Saturday as we are expecting another plummet into the Antarctic on Sunday.
Took Seb for a longer than usual walk today as he has been a bit housebound this week and was showing signs of restlessness. Since it was a gorgeous warm, sunny day it was no chore and we both had a good time doing it.
I am currently reading Ngaio Marsh's autobiography - she had an interesting life and tells it well. She tends to get bogged down a little in theatrical details, but rather inspires one to dig out the 'collected works of Shakespeare' and have a read of some of his plays. I may wait till I get a new prescription for the glasses however as the print in mine is very fine (sort of printed on Bible paper with similar sized print).
Apart from that I have been busily finalising the grant funding (and ordering the last few deliveries) as apparently it must be acquitted by tomorrow (I would have sworn their last letter said the 27th, oh well, I had planned to do it over the weekend but will now have to scramble it together by tomorrow).
No comments:
Post a Comment