For a day that was supposed to have a 90% chance of showers from late morning, it has been remarkably sunny. The galeforce winds, however, did not fail to turn up and I was greatly relieved this morning to discover I still had a roof. It also apparently snowed a bit last night, judging by the frozen nodules on the ute tarp.
The rain has finally arrived, however and seems to be settling in nicely. I hope it is a good rain as we could certainly do with some solid downpours for a few days. The on and off showers we have had have barely touched the surface and we really do need some good rain before summer arrives or we will all be in strife.
I defrosted a pork chop for dinner tonight. It has freezer burn so I chose a recipe that has strong flavours to cover it up a bit. It is simmering away in the oven as we speak (me having re-set the clock following yesterday's blackout.
I took advantage of the sunny weather to cut a fair bit more wood, so if they got the forecast right for tomorrow I will not freeze.
Finally balanced the acquittal and have printed it out for E's signature. Now all I have to do is scan it all into a PDF document so I can email it to Council this evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment