The forecast suggested that if I wanted to get the washing done, today was the day to do it. Apparently though their idea of 'mostly sunny' and mine does not coincide as it was mostly overcast. But at least the clothes are clean now, if not entirely dry, and we are back to having a chinese laundry in the loungeroom.
I popped some chicken bones in the slowcooker and they have been simmering all day to make a stock. I added some more after I had filleted the chicken drumsticks for tonight's dinner and so I will now turn it off before I go to bed, rather than nowish which was the original plan.
Dinner tonight was a new chicken curry which involves a wide range of very subtle flavours, including saffron and pistachio. I am afraid they rather got lost in the stronger flavours of cardamom, and the lemon juice in which the chicken flesh was marinated before cooking, but it was quite a pleasant meal nevertheless. Since some of the pistachios failed to blend in the blender they provided a nice little flavour burst as you eat the meal, as long as they don't turn out to be a cardamom pod.
We are heading down to minus four tonight which will be crisp - it is already pretty darn chilly outside, but that does not appear to discourage Seb who is quite keen to head out the door once more. I suppose I will have to take him in case it turns out he really needs to do something, but I suspect it is just the interesting noises associated with activities outside. It being the second last night of school holidays I assume that the kids are getting the most out of life right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment