Monday, July 27, 2015

Today started off nicely but rapidly went downhill with grey skies and drizzle, trending to rain occasionally. Not enough to be useful, but enough to make being outdoors unappealing, especially with the very cold weather accompanying it.

A friend dropped around to offer me another bookshelf, so I now have two of them in the loungeroom. This one is still empty as I am debating whether to try to sort the books into some sort of order as I shelve them. The last lot were easy due to limited authors and the mixed novels all went on the middle shelf as I will be discarding some of them as I go. Actually 'Hinterlands" is the only one I plan to keep so far - it is a three generational first-person account of early settlement in the US, starting in the 1700s and the writing style is excellent, and the yarns gripping.

Another novel was a huge disappointment as it stopped part way through the story (apparently the author is still writing the next episode). As it was rather a good rollicking, ripsnorting Indian Jones type of story I am gutted. The hero is presently falling down an apparently bottomless shaft and there are only three months left to save the world, lol.

Finalised the acquittal and sent it all off. I had been concerned as I seem to have mislaid a receipt for $671.00, but fortunately the supplier is better organised than me and was able to supply a copy electronically, so all expenditure is now accounted for. Phew! And now Eleanor wants me to complete yet another application for this coming round. Luckily this one will be for a one-off purchase so not so difficult to keep track of. We will be applying for funding to install special plastic sheeting in the glass house so it can be put to use, and since we broke (or never had) most of the panes as we moved it, and stored the glass, this will be a good substitute and a bit safer with the kids around as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment