Woke to the sound of rain on the roof, which was the 'clearing showers' they warned us about. Since they showed no sign of clearing I didn't bother starting the washing, but then they did. So I started to get organised and the wind picked up and I decided not to bother. Then the wind dropped but by that time it was midday and by the time the load was done it would be one and washing really has to come in by two at this time of year if you want it to be dry, so I still didn't bother. Probably a bad decision as it will be raining for the next several days, but you know what? I don't care.
Finished another Ngaio Marsh and started another. This one did not appeal from the outset as the cast of characters was altogether too 'antic' and it seemed like it was going to give me a headache, so I set it aside and started a partial autobiography by PD James called Time to be in Earnest. I had no idea she as as old as she is and her childhood reminiscences are a delight, as are the glimpses into her day to day life that the format provides. She writes it as a daily diary so you get to hear where she is going that day, and then she muses on about some aspect of her life. Very engaging reading.
Cut a load of wood (after running into town for some chain bar lube), and piled it inside - it will not tide me over the forecast damp and chilly spell, but at least it will give me a good start. I mean to go to the Market tomorrow, after which I will hopefully concentrate on some paperwork I need to get done. Meanwhile I will reheat last night's pot roast (which was very tasty) and fry up the veges as bubble and squeak.
No comments:
Post a Comment