I'm not entirely sure how it was that I came to be treasurer of the Community Garden. Those who know me know that i fall into a complete panic when faced with anything mathematical and that I am congenitally incapable of doing basic maths. It should come as no surprise then that when adding up the receipts and cheque stubs to see what we had left in our balance that I came to a rather odd sum. Since that sum, plus what remains in the account according to the statement I received today, was less than the total of the grant, and suggested we had only spent $700, I was in a bit of a panic. So I walked away from it and went into town to pay for the dogs' registration (also due today) and en route i realised that two sums alone, added to more than $700. I mean, a cheque for 671.00 and a cheque for 399.00 must surely add up to more than 700.00 right?
So I came home and did the sums again and came up with a rather more satisfactory figure, though I am still not confident it is the right one, sigh.
The dogs' tags this year are in black, so match their coats beautifully and will be completely invisible to the dog catcher until they are more intimately acquainted. Still they are now on their collars and we are all legal for another 12 months.
Tomorrow was supposed to be sewing but I am now cleaning two cottages instead. Since I only cut a barrow load of wood today, and they are forecasting snow for Thursday I guess i will have to squeeze in another cutting session before I leave home to clean. Today was positively balmy weather with sunshine and light breezes - just what you want in early Spring, so a little surprising in midwinter. But all this will apparently change tomorrow afternoon with another set of strong winds to tear away leaves and try to destroy everything in its path.
No comments:
Post a Comment