Another chilly start, and one forecast for tomorrow as well. Strangely the pipes have stopped freezing on me, which I guess is a good thing. I did three loads of washing and got two out. While the third one was washing I wandered up the street with the chocolate cream cake hoping to persuade Heather to share it with me. This became such a focus that I forgot the washing and, finding Heather was not at home, set off into town to find someone else to share it with. Finally found someone at home and was given lunch with the cake as dessert which was a nice trade. Settled down for a good natter about redesigning her kitchen and bathroom (another one of these superlarge bathrooms that waste space while the kitchen is small and cramped with insufficient cupboard space), and it was not till I got home, walked the dogs, fed the dogs, walked the again and brought in the washing that I remembered the last load. It is out on the line tonight and will no doubt benefit from freezing in the minus three they have forecast.
Meanwhile, the delayed return home meant that most of the washing had collected a bit of the damp that comes in the evenings here, and so is now festooned around the loungeroom with Esther fast asleep on the doona cover I had rewashed as she lay on it while it was drying last time. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment