Sunday, June 7, 2015

Turns out the birthday party was actually for someone turning ninety. The guests were her descendents...... They breed prolifically in these parts. Must be a rocking granny as there was evidence of excessive alcohol consumption strewn around the recreation area this morning!

It was damp on and off today and the rain has just started once more. As a result I spent much of the day indoors and have made considerable progress on the counted cross stitch (about a square centimetre.....). I also finally got around to cooking the baked Hungarian Pork Chops which are flavoured with caraway seeds, paprika and cayenne pepper and topped with sour cream for the last 15 minutes of cooking. This is the one I have not eaten yet - the first one was carved up and consumed straight from the oven and tasted delicious.

They were cooked in the two parts of my other le Creuset dish - which is a sort of fry pan/cum/casserole dish with lid. This is the frypan/lid portion of it.

I have also rescued a frozen chook from the freezer and am planning what to do with it once it defrosts. Not sure yet, but I am sure it will be delicious - it will have to be as it is quite  a huge chook and it will provide several meals.

Tomorrow is a public holiday so no bank to clean, and since it will be raining again I will probably do some more sewing to pass the time. I have finished Swallows and Amazons and am now starting on Eric Newby's collection of stories 'On the Shores of the Mediterranean' which will be entertaining as he is a great travel writer.


No comments:

Post a Comment