Saturday, June 13, 2015

It's hard to type when a dog is leaning against your calf shoving his face into the keyboard seeking attention. I suspect this is because he has no cat to chew. Smidgen decided he needed an afternoon stroll and snuck out when we came back from our last walk. So far he has not returned. I expect, since it is now getting distinctly chilly, it will not be long before he returns to the fold.

It was one of those winter days out of the box today - although the first few hours of daylight did not look promising what with the fog and all.

Since it was going to be such a glorious day, the plan was to cut some firewood, do some whipper snippering and generally get moving, but since the fog didn't clear till after ten things kind of got hijacked. I took a load to the tip and then went into town to get some groceries. On the way back I called into visit a friend (by this time it was around 11) and found her and her husband wandering around in their pyjamas as the fog had also put paid to their day's plans. A cup of tea and a longish chat later and I was home, but by that time the edge had gone off my ambitions, so after cutting a load of firewood I took Seb for a nice long walk instead. Not that it shows as he is still as energetic as ever, sigh.

Once Smidgen comes back in, all will be well, one hopes.

At the tip I crossed paths with the local newsagent who was dropping off a big pile of unsold newspapers, so I persuaded him they should come home with me, and they are now folded (sans advertising material) in the box ready to keep the fire lit for the rest of winter. Always useful to have a supply on hand and mine was down to the last few sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment