Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The trip to town was reasonably successful. I managed to find some cheap pavers for the community Garden at Uptons, and have purchased $400.00 worth of them and now only have to arrange for collection by a local freight company. That won't be happening tonight as I have other responsibilities to attend to, like the Public Meeting about the Grandstand.

The trip to K&D was also a little more expensive than I had planned, so it is a good thing there is still plenty of money in the slush fund. I wasn't able to get everything on the list simply because they didn't have it in stock. They will have to up their game if they want to compete with the new super-sized Bunnings at the Show Grounds.

The search for a replacement recoil leash for Seb took up a lot of time as, while many shops carry such items they are either not the right brand, or too flimsy for a strong dog like him, or they have these newfangled tapes in replacement of the cord. I feel they are an invitation to tangling and overcomplicate the recoil mechanism so was particularly keen not to get one of them.

Since I was on the Eastern Shore I tried Animal Tuckerbox (which had other brands, all with tapes and only one option that suited my ideas) and then the Eastlands pet store (which had some also, but still not what I wanted). Animal Tuckerbox told me about a shop in Elizabeth Street in Hobart so off I went there, and voila, lurking on the back of a hook was just what I wanted! Right brand, cord operation, and suitable for dogs up to 40 kg. (Seb only weighs 25kg but is such a ball of muscle I felt it necessary to over-engineer on the leash.)

While on the Eastern Shore I also remembered I still had two bales of straw in the tray of the ute which was going to restrict my storage options, so I dropped them into the RSPCA to use for bedding for any small animals. They were happy enough once they worked out that I was trying to give them something, but it took a lot of assumptions at cross-purposes before we got there.

Then spent out and full up I headed up the highway in rain and incipient fog, only to discover that my wiper blades had seen better days. So I called into the servo on the way home and had Andrew replace them for me - amazing the difference it makes, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment