Monday, June 8, 2015

After fourteen degrees today we are expecting 7 tomorrow - no wonder people get flu at this time of year! I cut a barrow of smaller wood up today in anticipation but will need to cut some bigger bits tomorrow between snow showers. The galeforce winds that are bringing the cold change up from the Antarctic seem to be dropping a bit now, but we are still getting some very powerful gusts.

I tried to track down the mothers of the girls today as they both work in the same place, but it being a public holiday they were both at home. So I messaged them on FB and they got straight back to me. Talk about different parenting styles. One has instructed her daughter to block me (I hope she simply means 'unfriend' but who knows) while the other is perfectly happy to let her daughters remain on my list and communicate with them. Apparently they have only had FB for a few months and their mother is monitoring their use closely. Anyway, my conscience is now clear and both mothers seem pleased that I let them know.

My friend moved in up the road today, so I popped up at lunchtime with a thermos of hot water, tea bags, sugar and milk (as well as some spare mugs) so that she had the option of a cuppa. We sat and drank it while discussing the next step in the process. I will be rummaging around to see if I can find some old sheets as she does not want to put curtains up till she has painted the walls (and who can blame her). So I told her to make the bed before she does anything so she can collapse into it when she finds herself in need, checked she had firewood of the right size available to her, and left her to it. All the heavy lifting was already under control so it was really just a case of sorting through the boxes and working out what to put where - something that is best done solo, I find.

Apart from that I did very little other than a bit of cross-stitch. I will be reheating some pork Hung Shao for dinner (I ate both chops last night - how naughty is that!), and giving the chicken in the fridge a bit of a stir along to get it defrosted for cooking tomorrow. I think I will have a roast, but will need to get some veges in.  Then the leftovers can be shredded into a mornay or some such thing, and the bones reserved for stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment