The weather forecast was, shall we say, misleading. Foggy morning followed by a sunny day then a slight chance of showers in the evening they said. So I popped on the load of washing that included a doona cover and went off to work (more of that later). Came home and it was almost dry so I left it out a bit longer. Then it started raining by stealth (silent rain) which only came to my attention when I heard a car sluicing past on the road. Brought in the now damp washing and festooned the lounge with it. Meanwhile, having not bothered to light the fire the loungeroom was solid ice, so the fire went on and has now started to heat things up a bit.
Work was also misleading. Only two guests (so how come all four beds were slept in?). And they had a party. One that involved helium balloons, smoking dope and shooting up if the evidence was anything to go by. The smoke detector had been taped back up to the ceiling as they had broken it while disarming it so they could smoke indoors and went off as soon as I put on the heat pump to keep warm. After removing the battery I discovered it was taped up due to the catch having been broken. What is more they were supposed to have left cash payment but failed to do so, stole a blanket and generally made merry with the place. The TV remote is missing in action and my boss is not pleased. Hoping he has their correct credit card details as they will be getting the bill.
No comments:
Post a Comment