Saturday, June 20, 2015

They say that goodness is its own reward and I have to assume that is the case when you hand in $100.00 that you find when cleaning. Not a skerrick of acknowledgement on behalf of the bank.... sigh. But what can you expect from people who don't even leave you a tiny chocolate egg for easter.

Tonight was the auction to raise funds for the new bathrooms at the hospital. Not that we raised much - we would be lucky to have raised more than $1500. But it was a fun night and bidding became a little crazy toward the ends (pity, as that was when the hand-woven shawl I rather fancied came up). The last two items were $50.00 vouchers for our local service station which went for $100.00 each which will give you the flavour of the latter part of the evening.

Having been held at the local RSL come Community Club it was a well-lubricated evening, and by half way through when various garments were on offer from our local clothing maker, a particularly pretty frock (not my size) went to a single gentleman. Then someone bid a sum of money to see him in the dress, which he did! All a little riotous.

I came home only $21.00 poorer as both the items I particularly wanted were not within my assigned budget, but I did get a pretty summer swing top (thin straps, full skirted) in blues and greens - which are not at all my colours, but hey, what do I care?, and a dish and spoon in a retro design, which will clutter up my shelves with no particular purpose. The guys who did the catering handed me a double-layer, cream-filled chocolate sponge as I left, so now I have to hide it from Seb (who is very interested in it) and take their plate back tomorrow, which I guess means I will be forced to eat it between now and then. I have had one slice, but that will be about my limit tonight I think, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment