Thursday, June 11, 2015

Today's forecast was for a sunny day with winds from 14-25 kph. Perfect drying weather - yes? Well who-ever wrote the numbers down got them back to front as we had gusts from 40-50kph in the morning. Still I managed to get four loads done and mainly dried without losing anything to the bottom paddock, and I now have clothes to wear tomorrow (what a relief!).

The chicken dinner was lovely - well the breast meat was. The rest of the chicken was still raw when I tried to carve off a drumstick. So the whole lot went into the slowcooker today until it was falling apart and will hopefully not give me food poisoning when I eat some of it tonight. I plan to reheat it in gravy with some more baked veges as last night's potatoes were superb. No idea what variety they were, but they were fluffy and light and crunchy on the outside, so just right!

Apart from getting the washing done, the bed made up with clean sheets (I know, middle of the week, but what can a girl do?), there was little progress on anything else. Eric Newby is a seductive author, particularly when his subject matter is the Eastern Mediterranean.

No comments:

Post a Comment