Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Mercury's coverage of the letter was pitiful. Half a column on page nine. At least it was right hand page outside column I guess. I have printed the letter out and will be providing it, with commentary to people who may be able to affect some change, but do not hold out much hope.

The result of getting the information so late in the evening was that I did not get to sleep until after two as my mind was running over the potential implications - hearings, investigations, sackings, new job vacancies, could i afford a house in Hobart if I were successful in obtaining a permanent position. Did I want a permanent position? Maybe the house in Oatlands might be more affordable. Perhaps a four day a week job would be manageable if i had Wednesdays off - you know the sort of thing.

Eventually I went off to sleep but then woke once more at six so it has been a longish day. I went to sewing and a staunch Liberal voter came in and started extolling the virtues of TA. Sadly many there agreed with her till she started getting stuck into Gillard and she found herself outnumbered considerably so the tone of the conversation became a little robust, before it wandered off into gunslayings and women's experience of violence. She seemed quite astonished to hear how many women had been killed as a result of violence since January. Hopefully it will give her food for thought.

The conversation also confirmed that someone has a contract on the cottage anyway so that little pipe dream went out the window as well, lol

No comments:

Post a Comment