My interview has been deferred until Monday 10th which is a pest, but I supposed I can hardly blame the member of the selection committee who has suffered a bereavement ... (though I am curious to know who that might be ...).
So tonight it will be reading a good book in front of a possibly not-lit fire due to the temperate conditions. Who knows? At least there is wood cut, and the fire is laid in case I feel the need to add a match.
Friday, May 31, 2013
Had a wee sleep in this morning which was nice. But still up at 6:30 to watch the sunrise. Then off to the men's shed where I spent a happy morning rebating the bit of moulding for the door and sharpening the chisels. Before i left home, however, my package of fabric arrived from the States. Supposed to be 21 fat quarters, it contained 23!! fat quarters so I was particularly happy. And since I had no say in the fabric included I was also very happy with their selection of fabrics as well. Much brighter colours than I had anticipated, which should make up into a really pretty quilt top.
The packaging was a cardboard envelope that I was planning to use to light the fire with this evening. But then I read the side of the envelope:
So do you think the CIA will come and 'get' me if I do that??
The sleeping arrangements remain contested, and last night the cats won. With the dog relegated to the fish-shaped cat blanket
And tonight, despite the very paltry effort at rain overnight and sporadically during the day, we were treated to yet another beautiful rainbow.
My interview has been deferred until Monday 10th which is a pest, but I supposed I can hardly blame the member of the selection committee who has suffered a bereavement ... (though I am curious to know who that might be ...).
So tonight it will be reading a good book in front of a possibly not-lit fire due to the temperate conditions. Who knows? At least there is wood cut, and the fire is laid in case I feel the need to add a match.
My interview has been deferred until Monday 10th which is a pest, but I supposed I can hardly blame the member of the selection committee who has suffered a bereavement ... (though I am curious to know who that might be ...).
So tonight it will be reading a good book in front of a possibly not-lit fire due to the temperate conditions. Who knows? At least there is wood cut, and the fire is laid in case I feel the need to add a match.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
love the rainbow photo!
ReplyDeleteTa Deb - it's a merged image - required two shots to get it all.
ReplyDelete