Friday, May 24, 2013
Another nice sunny day - a little chillier overnight than forecast so the goose down went down well - very cosy, thanks very much. Tonight should be milder still as we peaked out at 14.6 here and they say 6 degrees. Will be nice not to get snow blindness when the sun comes up over the frost!! lol
Today being Friday I ventured to the Men's Shed. This has been on the agenda for some time. I had a piece of wood left over from the last roofing exercise which I thought would be a good way of mounting three coat hooks in the laundry. The reason for the additional timber is that the studs are not equally distributed and so this will allow it to be more orderly. But being just a lump of wood, I thought it would be improved by routing along the edges. But I have to admit that routers scare me silly. So even though I own one I decided to go to the Men's Shed where at least there would be someone to call the ambulance when I gouged a hole in my leg. But it all went well and so the wood is now ready to be primed and painted before installation. Very happy. Next week I will go back with the other bit of wood and see about cutting a rebate so I can finish off the mouldings on the front door at long last.
A hive of activity because I have found out I have an interview for the job in Glenorchy and these two are jobs I really would like to have under control before I start work (assuming I get the job). So a double incentive. Very excited about the interview too, of course - though what i will wear is a bit of a mystery ... At least, having phoned them to find out what was going on, rather than waiting to be told, I have rather better notice and so time to work it all out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment