Monday, May 27, 2013
Time to muse on the qualities of friendship. I have been very lucky with my friends. Being something of an introvert I am not that easy to befriend, and it takes a certain level of persistence to do so. Those who have actually made the effort have all proven to be exceptional people whose friendship and love has been a surprise and a pleasure to me every time I see it expressed.
Today was one of those days. A friend emailed me a couple of days ago to let me know she had been going through her mother-in-law's possessions and had decided to send the craft bits to me. (the mother-in-law, in case you were worried, died five years ago). Today the box arrived and since i love a mystery gift more than anything else, I took my time unpacking it.
The parcel itself reeked of fascination as it was in two parts ...
The top box contained the crafty bits and pieces which looked something like this when I opened it and had a bit of a rummage
Naturally the books were the first focus of attention and this one looks to contain enough projects to keep me off the street for some time to come
Though this applique panel quilt looks very appealing also (found in the magazine!!)
And then there was the tapestry (not something i have done a lot of, but once i unpick the green wool which Nonna apparently felt was a nice addition to the horses' necks) it will be great fun to finish this one. It is a picture of a European street in snow with a sled drawn by two grey horses carrying a couple with another couple in the foreground. I love the colours in it and what is missing from it can be pieced together using the remaining wool store that also came with the box

And there was more ....
The second box revealed a collection of odds and sods that will keep me feeling pampered for years to come.
Three pairs of thick socks to keep my toesys warm. One pair of stockinette socks that they give you on a long-haul flight to keep your feet warm when you snuggle down into either one of the two pairs of sleeper sets (also from a longhaul flight). More toiletries than you can poke a stick at (lots of lovely cakes of soap, toothpaste and brushes) all from various longhaul extravagances in first and business class. Yum! Talk about living vicariously, but i love it!! Apparently the other half gets real toothbrushes and proper tubes of toothpaste when they fly!! Who knew?! Even in business class I only ever got half-size brushes. So more goodies than I can use in a year which will boost the budget very well. And a small brush and a nice tortoiseshell comb ... the list is endless!
SO thank you Jeanette! For your friendship, your generosity and your thoughtfulness. I will be frequently reminded of your latest kindness as I go through my days ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment